Thursday, October 10, 2013

Why play the banjo

Some of you might be wandering what would make a young man want to play the banjo. These days people want to because of bands like Mumford and Sons but this has been in my heart much longer than they have been a band. When I was very young I was taken to the Grand Ole Opry. I don't remember what band was playing or what songs were played but I do remember falling in love with the banjo. A guy was playing what looked like the baby of a guitar and drum that fell in love and it made me fall in love. It's sound was so different from anything I had heard beforehand I knew that one day I would have to learn how to play it. As I got older I learned how to play several instruments and I enjoyed them all but my heart always longed for something more. I asked my girlfriend to get me a banjo for our anniversary and she said okay. But our aniversary came and went I still didn't have a banjo but then came my birthday and to my surprise I got a banjo! It's been a long road but that is why I wanted to play the banjo. Well that's all I have for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment